Found A Hound Rescue
Are you interested in adopting one of our rescued puppies or dogs?
Great! At Found A Hound Rescue we strive to find you a perfect canine match. In order to do so, we need to learn a little bit about you and your lifestyle. We don’t mean to pry or be nosey, but we must ensure that our rescues are being placed in the best possible home or situation.
We try to keep adoptions within 50 mile radius of St. Louis, MO as part of our
approval process includes a home visit.
The following is important information regarding our adoption process, policies and procedures. Please read each point over thoroughly before submitting your application.
1. Our adoption fee is listed on each dog's adoption listing on petfinder. Fees range from $150-$250. This fee includes lifetime microchip identification, age appropriate vaccines, heartworm test if over six months, dewormer and maintaining heartworm & flea preventative while in our care. The fee for spay/neutering is included.
2. All potential adopters must fill out an online adoption application. We have volunteers who work from home to process your application. Please be patient. The application process typically takes 5-10 days. Please fill out the application completely and honestly in order to ensure that your application will be completed in a timely matter.
3. Our volunteers will be contacting all of your references, including your Veterinarian (if applicable) and landlord (if applicable), so please notify them prior to submitting your application to speed up the process. Be sure to check your email, including Spam folder, for a response from Found a Hound Rescue. All communications regarding your application must go through email.
4. Any pets currently in your household must be up to date with vaccines, including Rabies, heartworm preventative and be seen for annual wellness visits. We DO NOT adopt dogs out to homes with un-altered animals OR homes who do not use heartworm prevention monthly all year round. We WILL check your vet reference.
5. All dogs placed by FAHR are to be house dogs. NO dog will be placed in a home where they will be outside-only dogs or farm dogs. FAHR reserves the right to schedule a home visit to ensure the safety of our rescues.
6. Approved applications are valid for 6 months. After 6 months, you must re-submit an application. This applies to previous adopters as well.
7. Please keep in mind that FAHR may have already received applications on the dog you are interested in. For this reason, the dog you are interested in may not be available once your application is finished being processed.
8. Upon approval and acceptance, you may schedule a Meet and Greet via email only with the dog of your choice, subject to availability. Meet and Greets will be scheduled in the order they are requested. If the dog you applied for is no longer available or is not the right match for your home, FAHR will work with you to find another dog that will be a great fit for you and your family.
9. Please be advised that your entire household, including any canines or caregivers, must be present for the Meet and Greet. FAHR does not allow adoptions as gifts or surprises. The entire household must meet the dog and be in agreement to bringing the dog into the home. NO EXCEPTIONS.
10. Approved Applications do not guarantee adoption. A meet and greet is the final step in placement of our dogs. FAHR wants to ensure that it is the right fit for all humans and canines involved.